A. WHAT INFORMATION VIDLET COLLECTS FROM YOU
Vidlet may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
1. “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to information that lets Vidlet know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and email address). Vidlet may collect Personal Information when you use the Vidlet Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with Vidlet, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
2. “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). Vidlet may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
B. HOW VIDLET COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all Vidlet’s customers worldwide.
1. Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Vidlet Properties, Vidlet may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Vidlet Properties. Failure to provide all required information by Vidlet may prevent access to any or all Vidlet Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all Vidlet Properties.
2. Information Collected Through Technology. While you can visit the Vidlet Site and remain anonymous, Vidlet or its third-party service providers may still collect NonPersonal Information about your use of the Vidlet Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Vidlet Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; however, you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Vidlet Properties unavailable to you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Vidlet Site anonymously without the need to become a registered user. Even in such cases, Vidlet may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet Services Provider. Each time you access the Vidlet Site and each time you request one of Vidlet’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and email. Vidlet may use these technical methods in HTML emails that Vidlet sends to Users to determine whether they have opened these emails and/or clicked on links in these emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Vidlet Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third-party website, Vidlet tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
C. HOW VIDLET USES YOUR INFORMATION
1. System Administration. Vidlet may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Vidlet servers, monitoring Vidlet’s system performance and traffic on the Vidlet Properties and to gather broad demographic information about Vidlet customers.
3. Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, Vidlet may use your Personal Information to send email regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. Vidlet may also send you email to verify your identity or to notify you if Vidlet believes your use of Vidlet Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the Vidlet Properties.
4. Advertising. Vidlet may use Non-Personal Information to assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content.
5. Promotional Email. Vidlet may use your Personal Information to send you emails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Vidlet Properties or from Vidlet marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional email by sending an email to email@example.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once Vidlet’s has processed the opt-out request, Vidlet will not send you promotional email unless you re-opt-in to receive such communications.
6. Contact Information. If you contact Vidlet by telephone, email or letter, Vidlet may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the Vidlet Properties, Vidlet may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact Vidlet at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from Vidlet’s database.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Vidlet shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Vidlet shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the way data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information shall be submitted to email@example.com.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Vidlet does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the Vidlet Properties to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Vidlet shall: (1) fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies; and (2) may be required to disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Security Measures. Vidlet takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) Vidlet’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Vidlet stores Personal Information. All Vidlet employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information. 2. Third Party Links. The Vidlet Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, Vidlet may use third parties to provide components of the Vidlet Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Vidlet. Vidlet: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
H. SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Use of the Vidlet Properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18 (“Minors”). Minors are not authorized by Vidlet to use the Vidlet Properties, even if Minors set up an Account or accept the terms of any agreement for Vidlet Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 to use the Vidlet Properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor’s access and use of the Vidlet Properties. Vidlet does not intentionally collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his/her information to Vidlet you may request to have such information deleted from Vidlet’s database by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the email address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, Vidlet shall delete such information within twenty (20) business days. If Vidlet learns that a Minor is using the Vidlet Properties, Vidlet will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”).
I. CONTACT VIDLET
55 New Montgomery, Suite 608
San Francisco, CA 94105